I read 12 books for Once Upon a Time III challenge! Granted, 9 of them are graphic novels while only 3 are novels, but still I’d say it’s pretty good :).
I have definitely completed Quest the First that required us to read 5 books that could be fantasy, fairy tale, folklore or mythology. Quest the Second required us to read at least 1 book from each categories. It was really tricky because I have no idea what could be considered folklore or mythology fiction books. I think there is a very small pool of those that you can pick out of. Some people classified The Sandman as folklore or mythology. I guess you can if you wanna push it. But I don’t want to (push it) so I just let it go.
So the books are:
- Fables: 1001 Nights of Snowfall by Bill Willingham (reviewed 26/03/09, rating 4.5/5, fairy tale)
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (reviewed 29/03/09, rating 4/5, fantasy)
- Fables Vol 1: Legends in Exile by Bill Willingham (reviewed 12/04/09, rating 4/5, fairy tale)
- Clockwork Girl by Sean O’Reilly and Kevin Hanna (reviewed 17/04/09, rating 3.5/5, fantasy)
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling (reviewed 27/04/09, rating 4.5/5, fairy tale)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (reviewed 01/05/09, rating 4.5/5, fantasy)
- Tales from Outer Suburbia by Shaun Tan (reviewed 20/05/09, rating 5/5, fantasy)
- Bone Vol 3: Eyes of the Storm by Jeff Smith (reviewed 03/06/09, rating 4.5/5, fantasy)
- Bone Vol 4: The Dragonslayer by Jeff Smith (reviewed 04/06/09, rating 4/5, fantasy)
- Bone Vol 5: Rock Jaw Master of the Eastern Border by Jeff Smith (reviewed 05/06/09, rating 5/5, fantasy)
- The Arrival by Shaun Tan (reviewed 13/06/09, rating 5/5, fantasy)
- The Sandman Vol 2: The Doll’s House by Neil Gaiman (reviewed 21/06/09, rating 3.5/5, fantasy)
My favorites would be the two by Shaun Tan. I was happy with Fables and Bone series as well. And of course I loved the last Harry Potter and The Tales of Beedle the Bard. I also have to mention The Graveyard Book as the first Neil Gaiman’s novel that I read. The rests are so-so.
Thanks Carl for hosting such an awesome challenge! I would join again in a heartbeat!