06.Jul.2008 Sunday Salon Week #7: April-June Wrap-Up
To quote myself:
Since I’m in Harry Potter’s frenzy *grin*, I’ll let myself read 3 of the Potter’s books!
On top of that I’ll read another 2 award-winning or 1001 books, and maybe 1-2 more books from bookcrosser or for fun.
In these 3 months I read 15 books! 3 Harry Potter books, 7 award-winning books, 2 1001 books, and 3 books from other Bookcrossers (a few overlapped).
7) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (3.5/5)
8) I Choose to Live by Sabine Dardenne (4/5)
9) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling (4.5/5)
10) The Key by Junichiro Tanizaki [BC] (4/5)
11) On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan (4/5)
12) Tears of the Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith (4/5)
13) Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro (4/5)
14) The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood [BC] (3.5/5)
15) A Concise Chinese-English Dictionary for Lovers by Xiaolu Guo (3/5)
16) Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini [BC] (4/5)
17) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling (5/5)
18) Dreaming Water by Gail Tsukiyama [BC] (2.5/5)
19) Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri [BC] (3.5/5)
20) The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy by Tim Burton (4/5)
21) The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon [BC] (4/5)
So I totally surpassed my own goal and expectation. Yay! :D
That averages almost 4 per month, 1 per week. Awesomeness!
I’m not gonna set myself a goal for the next 3 months, because I have a few of challenges going on and they should keep me on track. I’ll probably do a wrap-up post again at the end of September and see how I go. For me monthly wrap-up is a bit too short. Three months is a good span.
Great reading months!