Yay the end! I just finished The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. In this read-a-thon, I finished only 1 book. But for me, it’s a big accomplishment, because I can’t remember when was the last time I finished a whole book in 1 day. Probably some time in middle school or primary school. So yay for me! :D
Reading time: probably around 8 hours
Mini-challenges: 4 or more (Bybee’s Korean culture, Care’s word, Jessi’s authors, Dewey’s Post-even survey, and some challenges for commenting and visiting people’s blogs, but I can’t remember which ones)
Sleeping time: 7 hours (at hour 2 to 9)
Blogging time: I’m guessing around 3 hours
Reading and visiting time: I’m guessing around 2-3 hours
That sounds about right. So I probably have spent the rest of 3-4 hours doing everything else like cooking and taking lunch and dinner, taking shower, watching some Friends in between.
Dewey’s Post Survey
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
The first 8 hours or so, because I knew I had to sleep and people were just starting. (The read-a-thon started for me at 12am Sunday my time, while it’s 9am Saturday for everyone else in North America.)
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Definitely go with shorter books. I would recommend the 1 book that I finished because I think it’s perfect for this event. I also prepared Silk by Alessandro Baricco and Intimacy by Hanif Kureishi because they’re both very short. (didn’t get the chance to read them though)
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Can’t think of any right now.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The hourly challenges and updates worked really well. Great efforts to have them on!
5. How many books did you read?
6. What were the names of the books you read?
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
The one book I finished :P
8. Which did you enjoy least?
Didn’t read other book.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
It would be great if you could have a shift system, so the cheerleaders wouldn’t be so tired and there might be more people joining if they know they don’t have to stay awake for all 24 hours?
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I will definitely participate again if the time allows. Reader again for sure :)
I’m off to sleep.