I was totally thinking about a challenge like this, when it came up! Great minds think alike :)
Rules: You must read books that you’ve read more than 50 pages before May 1, but never finished.
Duration: 15 May 2008 to 15 November 2008
There are definitely some books that I’d like to finish since a long time ago, but never did. So here they are:
1) Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck (last time it got too depressing)
2) Geisha by Mineko Iwasaki (I read this standing up at a bookshop waiting for a friend, then just never got a chance to continue. This book is especially hard to get since it’s always checked out from the library. It reminds me, I read another book standing up and didn’t finish: Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie. That’s for another time though.)
3) Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov (I couldn’t stand the feeling that I missed a lot of the jokes, so I gave up)
4) Kabul Beauty School by Deborah Rodriguez (just many other good books at that time)
5) Lord of the Flies by William Golding (the start wasn’t as interesting as I thought it would be)
Now that they’re on the list, I have more push to actually finish them.
No I didn’t finish them on time. They were probably unfinished for a reason before.