I set up a reading challenge for myself in the beginning of January, with the plan to keep my readings on track. And well, it didn’t end up so good.
This is my goal:
2 award winning books (which could also be 1001 books)
2 1001 books (which could also be award winning books)
2 books from bookcrossers
This is what I achieved:
1) The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
2) Atonement by Ian McEwan (1001 and award-winning book)
3) Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
4) The Woman in the Dunes by Kobo Abe
5) The Road by Cormac McCarthy (award-winning book)
6) My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult (bookcrosser’s/ray book)
So I guess I achieved half of my target. Conclusively, the two award winning books took me much longer than expected to read (about 5-6 weeks for Atonement alone!).
I guess that’s why they’re award-winners. (-_- ‘)
And American literature is easy read (compared to British). No 1 and 6 just proved that.
Anyway, let’s move on to the next 3 months!
Since I’m in Harry Potter’s frenzy *grin*, I’ll let myself read 3 of the Potter’s books!
On top of that I’ll read another 2 award-winning or 1001 books, and maybe 1-2 more books from bookcrosser or for fun.
That’s it. None too ambitious. :)